CHAPTER II, SECTION §

Figure 2-89.

Station 70 - Interior of Room Four

noted in Figure 2-88. This photograph was
taken on 4 February and shows wing walls and

earth fill in place as completed.
MECHANICAL.

A dehumidification system

serviced the entire station.

ELECTRICAL. As this Station was the communication center, a large amount oi electrical
wiring and equipment was installed. Power was
furnished from a 300 KVA Substation located
in a concrete vault adjacent to Station 70.
ENGINEERING.
The original basic design
criteria were received on 22 January and 27
March 1953. Major and minor changes in criteria were received on 15 April, 14 May, 18 May,
20 May, 11 August, 14 August, 2 September
and 25 November. Electrical design criteria
were received on 27 March. Major revisions
were required on 15 Apmil and electrical drawings were approved on 6 August. Subsequent to
approval, major changes were required on 26
August and 1 November. Twelve drawings were

designed and detailed with starting dates varying from 30 April to 11 August, completion
dates varied from 22 May to 20 October, approval dates varied from 9 June to 19 November.
Some of the drawings had from three to six revisions; the date of the last revision was on 3

Page 2-96

December. Figure 2-89 show: partial installation
of User’s and Cor.ractor’s equipment in Room
No. 4. This figure is as of 9 January 1954 with
the entire structure reported at 96% completed.
CONSTRUCTION. Construction work was
scheduled to commence on 1 September and be
completed on 7 January 1054. Actual cunstruction started on 7 October and was completed on
12 January.

STATION 71 - TIMING AND FIRING SITE ELMER - USER: EG&G
GENERAL. This station is the existing Control
Building 311, and is the control center for the
atoll. No work was required except support.

STATIONS 72.01 - 72.04 - TIMING AND
FIRING - SITES VARIOUS - USER: EG&G
GENERAL. These stations were rehabilitated
from IVY Timing Stations 1001.01 (Janet),
1001.02 (Ursula) and 1001.03 (Yvonne).
ENGINEERING. One drawing was prepared
and was submitted on 29 September 1953. It
was approved on 28 October. Station 72.04 on
site Mary was changed to a submarine cable
terminal Station ST 4.1.
; i

(|
|.
IL

Select target paragraph3